Expert Help With Your Windows
Windows are an essential feature in virtually every home. However, that’s just a small part of what can make the process of window replacement so stressful. Beyond that, there are many things that you’ll need to consider, starting with whether it’s actually time to replace your windows.
If a window in your home has been the victim of a stray pebble or the kids playing baseball a little too close to the house, it’s probably obvious it’s time to get some help. But there are likely other times when you may be unsure if replacement is necessary. If you know you need window replacement in Peachtree City, GA, reach out to Rooftops Unlimited at 770-415-2070.
Do I need replacement windows?
For starters, it can help keep your home and your family safe by keeping harmful elements out. Beyond that, if your windows are letting air in and out when they shouldn’t be, you could see surprising increases in your home energy costs. So what are the problems you should be looking out for so you can identify when to call a professional for window replacement?
Hearing Too Much Noise
If you live near a busy street, you’ll likely hear noise no matter what kind of windows you have. But there may come a time when you notice you’re hearing just a little too much noise. This can be due to a few different factors, including issues with the seal in the window. But typically, too much noise is a pretty good sign your windows are in poor shape and window replacement would be a good option.
Problems Opening and Closing Windows
Noticing Chipped or Water-Damaged Frames
Seeing Condensation on the Glass
What You Need to Know for Window Replacement
If you’ve decided it’s time to hire a professional to help with window replacement, there are a few things you should keep in mind to make the process simpler. Understanding some of the basic vocabulary surrounding windows along with knowing the different types of windows is a great place to begin. A few things to keep in mind include:
- Window Panes – This refers to individual pieces of glass, each in its own pane. If a pane is broken this may be all that needs to be replaced as part of a window repair.
- Double-Pane Windows – This refers to windows with two panes of glass. An inert gas is placed between the two panes, increasing their energy efficiency.
- Double-Hung Windows – These are among the most common kind of windows you will see, and feature two sliding sashes that move up and down.
- Single-Hung Windows – This is another common window choice, but rather than two sliding sashes has only one that slides up from the bottom.
- Low E Windows – These are windows with a microscopically thin transparent coating that reflects heat and improves energy efficiency.
- Vinyl – An energy-efficient and high-quality window that is also low-cost.
Pro Help With Window Replacement in Peachtree City, GA
If all this sounds complicated, that is because it truly can be. This is why having a professional who understands windows and who can identify whether it’s time for them to be replaced can be so helpful. If you’re looking for help with window replacement in Peachtree City, GA, or any other home repair help such as roof repair or siding repair, reach out to the experienced professionals at Rooftops Unlimited by calling 770-415-2070.